We provide bikes for both adults and children.
How To Get A Bike And/Or Helmet (The Process):
- Once I get a bike the bikes gets cleaned, degreased, lubricated, repaired, safety checked and finally road tested. If I cannot repair the bike or if it needs parts that I do not have it goes to my personal, local bike shop for repair. If it is not reasonable to repair, I take it to my warehouse until the parts are found or needed for another bike. Each bike receives between 1 to 4 hours of attention before it is ready to go out to a “Little”.
- I then notify BBBS the bike is available.
- BBBS notifies the “Bigs” what is available. BBBS may also notify parents of “unmatched” kids as they are awaiting their “Big”.
- The “Big” should reply to RBX by email to express their interest in a bike. Review the sizing chart and list of available bikes! Be consistent in your follow up if I do not get back to you right away. Do not wait for BBBS to coordinate this. BBBS is simply helping me get the word out. You will get a response from me and you are encouraged to follow up with me!
- If the bike you want is no longer available, I can put you on a waiting list, at your request.
- Once a bike has been committed to the youth, contact RBX to schedule a time to pick it up from the RBX office or at the warehouse. Both the “Big” and the “Little” should be present at that time. Be prepared to get your picture taken. This is an essential tool in my acquiring of additional bikes.
- All bikes come with a helmet. One does not need to get a bike to get a helmet. Individuals receiving a helmet must be present, no exceptions. No helmets will be issued without a personal ‘fit”.
- RBX will determine the correct fit. Bikes and helmets fit cannot be determined until I can see them with the gear. I will not let bikes/gear go to a “Little” if it does not fit correctly.
Requirements For Both The “Big” (adult) And The “Little” (child) when getting bikes:
- You cannot currently have a bike. This program is not for the “Little” to get another bike. If the “Little” currently has a bike that is too small for them or is inoperable, they can get trade it in for one of mine.
- If you stop riding the bike, for any reason, or outgrow the bike, you must give it back to me or give it to another kid who will use it. We just want someone to use it and not have it sitting in the backyard not getting used.
- Try to store your bike out of the rain.
- Lock your bike at all times!